If you are new to social media or you are a small business owner then creating a Facebook fan page can give your brand or service a jump-start. Being a business owner you know that in order to keep it up you need to keep your clients satisfied and side by side acquiring new clients. To achieve something like this it is essential to engage your clients in a dialogue and to maintain their interest.
You don’t have a website, no problem make a Facebook fan page. Facebook fan page is as good as having a website. There are more than 500 million users on Facebook and 50 % of active users log on to their accounts on any given day. Therefore it’s easier to find a huge crowd ranging from teenagers to adults who might be interested in your business.
Top 5 reasons for a fan page:
1) Public Fan Pages: When you create a Facebook profile for your business you can opt for “appear in public search”. This will make your page search-able and when someone will try to look it up it will appear in search results.
2) Interaction: So now you have a fan page and slowly you are seeing a lot of Facebook users dropping by and checking out your page. It is now time to engage them in a dialogue. You can start a discussions page for new clients and a reviews page will enable your existing client to write a testimonial for you. You may come across a negative review now and then, don’t negate their existence, in fact try to poke them and see why they aren’t happy with your service. This will demonstrate that you care about your customers.
3) Regular updates: You need to keep your fan page fresh. You need to update it at least 3-4 times a week if not everyday to keep it moving. Now you may not have that much to share about your business so keep a keen eye to share something relating to it. In between your regular posts try to post something totally different but interesting to keep your fans happy. You can create contests that require participation. This will start a conversation and if your fans are happy they will automatically become your evangelists. This is where viral and word of mouth marketing will kick in.
4) Know your Fans: Facebook provides analytic for your fan page. Keep a regular check on it and this will help you with your demographics and you will literally get to know who your readers are. You will get an idea of their age range, their location, sex etc. That way it gets slightly easier to target your readers. Who knows with Facebook’s global reach you might start getting a lot of global audience and you can tap into that opportunity as well.
5) Mobile Accessibility: One of the Facebook press release mentions that there are more than 150 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice more active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
Time to create a Facebook Fan page and don’t forget to let me know. 🙂